Skip to main content

Far Away

Lately, everything just seems to be jumbled in words that could never sound beautiful no matter how you phrased them. We've been on a family vacation for the last two weeks, which has been simply been driving me crazy, because when you have two perfect cousins and a family who is convinced that your the devil it makes things insane. The trip already started out with problems because my grandmother believes what my cousins gossip about me, and honestly it's just unfair. They claimed that I blocked them from being able to call me, when in reality they ignore me in the grand scheme of the world. I should also say that it's annoying that my grandmother takes my uncle's side for everything, I felt as though for all the time we were on the cruise, I was listening to my grandmother talk about how everything I do is wrong and we had to wait everywhere for my uncle and his family. I did everything wrong because I wasn't interested in being friends with my cousins because of who they are and the drama they cause. But, in this situation drama is inevitable. I tried to talk to members of my own family but, they have no interest in me, ever since my mother adopted a girl from Ukraine I'm hardly even noticed. I think my mother buys me the books I want to feel less guilty about ignoring me. But, when you spend your entire life trying to be the center of their world, to make them proud of you for more than just a moment you end up disappointed. It seems like an endless world of disappointment when you want your mother to stop being angry for one moment just to talk to you. But, then you have your grandmother who tries to talk to you but, eventually it becomes all about how your a bad child for dating this guy or wearing this. I feel as though I'm constantly being critiqued for everything you do: the way you walk, the way you talk, how your eyes are, why you're not constantly in a state of stupid happiness. It eventually just makes me feel as though I should just be far away from everyone, if I cause everything to happen. My therapist always told me that I seemed to have a negative outlook on life, when in reality I'm just a realist. I see the world for how it really is, I know who the fake friends are and who the real ones are, I know when the world is consumed with lies but to everyone else it's wrong. Sometimes I feel as though I'm in that bible story where I'm trying to please everyone but, eventually end up pleasing no one. But, it just bothers me that no one can trust me to do anything, as though I'm a child unable to handle the real world. I just wish that I could live on a mountain far away and throw my cell phone in the ocean and see who would really care to find me. At this point in my life I feel the shackles of my parents pulling me back when I was meant to be free, as though I'm a caged animal just shown to be mocked at by others. Somedays I just want to scream, "YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME AND YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT US!!" It just drives me crazy that they think they know exactly how I should live but, any other way of life is wrong. When I leave in the fall I want to explore the world, I want to see as much as I can but, that seems wrong too. When your desperate for an escape from everyone who do you turn to? Do you turn to yourself and question everything? Or do you fight back? I choose to fight back, because I'm a beautifully broken girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 100th post!

First, off I just wanna say thanks for all the people who read and listen to the struggles in my life. Second, I'm in complete shock that this is my 100th post! So, thanks for being there for me for four years! Anyway, to get this post going, I wanna just write.... it probably won't make a lot of sense when I finish but it'll be different, to say the least. So, Kataya goes back to Ukraine on Saturday and at this point I am pretty upset that she's leaving, she's become a little sister to me, and her smile could light up the whole world. However, in a malicious and selfish way I am kind of happy because for the last month my mom was too busy with Kataya to really notice me, strange how you want your parents to ignore you and when they do you want them to talk to you? Also the directors of the orphanage came to stay with us and to say the least their not my favorite people, but the leave tomorrow for New York City and I finally get my room back! But, its going to t

Life Goes On

Lately, I've been wrapped in trivial things and have honestly really not had anything that eventful happen. Which to me is rare. Honestly the week just started so, I'm probably jinxing myself; but, it has been nice to no longer deal with friend drama. The only drama around here is how annoying Mr. X is, I swear he is the king of complaining especially lately its gotten to a point where it just irritates the heck out of me. But, other than that its been pretty quiet, ever since Jose left its been pretty silent, which isn't all bad my heart is recovering, of course the wound is deep but if I let other people control me then I'll fall to pieces. I know life will go on, it always has, my phone has been pretty quiet too; not many people are around everybody's just doing their own thing, which strangely doesn't bother me. I've just been minding my own business, just going to work and listening to music which has really been most of my summer. Well, I did see a Cob

Feels like you're dying

This week has been awful everyone keeps breaking me down everything in my life goes wrong. I can't do anything right I've been banged up right and left and I have lost the battle. Trying to pretend everything is okay in my life when my heart is cut open and smashed to pieces. I am not doing well in science at all I mean I'm trying so hard not break down but I do a repeating failure everything hasn't been going well for me. I mean I'm in love with one of my guy friends like it's bad because I just can't get over him and my best friend just hasn't been able to talk to me and now I grow cold because of all this stress I feel hopelessly trapped and if my life isn't traumatic enough my mother is suing my dad for failure to pay the child support and now I wonder why can't I be a normal teenager no I have to be special as well. Also what made this weekend just great is that my best friend gave me a total panic attack because she could become just like